Clearwater, Florida has come a long way from its humble beginnings, transforming into a thriving coastal community that caters to the desires for warm weather and sunshine of its senior population.
With its vibrant social scene, beautiful beaches, idyllic climate, and numerous senior living communities, it’s no surprise that Wallet Hub listed Tampa, Florida, as one of the best places to retire in the United States.
If you’re nearing retirement or looking for a change of scenery, Clearwater, Florida should be at the top of your list.
In this article, we’ll explore why this Tampa Bay area town is a great retirement choice for seniors.
One of Clearwater’s most appealing features is its year-round warm and sunny weather.
For seniors, this translates to an active lifestyle, allowing them to engage in various outdoor activities, along with daily boosts of Vitamin D, which supports healthy bones, regulates blood pressure, improves mood, and protects vital organs.
Every day is truly a day at the beach for Clearwater residents and the Tampa Bay area is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the United States.
From the laid-back vibe and local attractions of St. Pete Beach to the award-winning Clearwater Beach with its breathtaking sunsets, beautiful hotels, restaurants, attractions, and shopping, you’ll never go wrong planning a beach day with family and friends.
Health and wellness
Clearwater’s state-of-the-art medical facilities, wellness centers, and recreational spaces make it easy for seniors to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Improve your balance, strength, and flexibility with Pilates, barre, or yoga classes at Studio 3, or take a brisk or leisurely walk while enjoying the scenic views at Lake Chautauqua Park in Clearwater.
Exceptional retirement communities
Clearwater has no shortage of exceptional assisted living and retirement communities designed to empower older adults to live healthy, active, and engaging lifestyles that inspire creativity and support independence.
Both communities follow a person-centered approach to care that continually assesses and meets each resident’s needs.
Seasons residents enjoy the following services and amenities:
- Assistance with daily activities
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Restaurant-style dining with fresh, chef-prepared meals
- Private studio and one-bedroom suites
- Spa room for massages, manicures, and facials
- Hair and nail salon
- Engaging activities, live entertainment, and special events
Florida’s tax system is a significant reason to live in Clearwater. In Florida, there is no state tax on Social Security benefits or retirement income from IRAs, 401 (k) distributions, pensions, or investment income.
Events and attractions
Clearwater is the perfect place for seniors to explore new destinations and discover new passions. Clearwater is home to a variety of festivals, art museums, walking trails, and nature reserves.
Here are a few of the unique things to see and do in Clearwater:
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium features everything from rescued sharks, dolphins, sea turtles, and otters.
- Pier 60 at Clearwater Beach is a top attraction where visitors can see everything from amusement rides to street performers, fishing, and their famous sunsets.
- For art lovers, the Museum of Fine Arts St. Petersburg has an extensive collection of diverse art exhibitions, classes, films, and a sculpture garden.
- Welcome the spring with Pier 60’s Sugar Sand Festival. Spend the day enjoying unique sand sculptures, live entertainment, and delicious food.
- History buffs can learn about black history and local culture at the Pinellas County African American Museum.
In addition, Clearwater is a short drive away from Orlando’s Disney World and Bush Gardens in Tampa!
Clearwater, Florida is an exceptional destination for seniors looking to retire in a city that offers the perfect blend of natural beauty, attractions, recreational opportunities, and outstanding senior living communities.
The city’s commitment to providing a senior-friendly environment, combined with its favorable climate and affordable living, makes Clearwater a top choice for retirees seeking a fulfilling and enjoyable retirement.